Scoop TechLab | Nokia Lumia 920 - Technical Specifications And Links To Resources
AT A GLANCE
- Windows Phone 8 (Integrates with XBOX live and Windows 8 Desktop)
- Superb 8 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss Lens
- 32GB of internal memory
- Superb 4.5 LCD touchscreen
- $999 From The Telecom Store
- Blur free photos every time - The Nokia 920’s powerful 8MP camera comes equipped with PureView technology, so you can take incredibly sharp images and video. And thanks to its unique Optical Image Stabilisation, you’ll get blur free shots, even if the camera’s shaking or in low light.
- Nokia City Lens - Find the nearest café, bar and lots more, all by using your viewfinder.
- PureMotion High Definition display - high resolution 768 x 1,280 crisp and clear screen
- Microsoft SkyDrive - Simple, online access to all of your music, files and photos.
- Battery (estimated) - 10.3 hours talk tim / 23.5 days standby /Standard battery, Li-ion 2000.0 mAh
- Memory - 32GB internal memory
- Weight - 186 g
- Size - 70.8 mm wide / 130.3 mm high / 11.95 mm deep
- Screen - 768 x 1,280 (W x H) - 4.5" 16M colours
Comment By Peter Kerr For Scoop Techlab
Nokia’s finally picked up a bit of positive buzz with the launch of its Lumia 920 and the Windows 8 operating system. Having been caught napping with the quite rapid user uptake of smartphones, Nokia’s been playing catchup – and early indications from worldwide reviews indicate it has got itself back onto the playing field. The Winsupersite gives a breakdown of Windows Phone OS usage, describing the Lumia 920 as by far the biggest user of the Windows 8 platform
The geek/tech community’s been braying for some true competition for the iPhone and its iOS platform, and the Nokia/Microsoft hug promises that. New apps will be required, and will undoubtedly come, for the system; but in the meantime the Lumia 920’s a grunty little number.
According to International Business Times’ technology editor Alistair Charlton (Youtube review here), while the Nokia 920 is heavy, it is a really good phone. He gives it mostly 8s and 9s in his written review here.
Charlton and others are particularly impressed with the camera, and one reason for the phone’s 186g weight is the floating Carl Zeiss lens, suspended on springs and even allowing night shooting without having to use the flash. The Calgary Herald’s Cadjo Sevilla also praises the 8.7MP camera’s ability to shoot jitter-free 1080p HD video.
Stuff’s Siobhan Keogh liked much about the Lumia 920, including a ‘Kids Corner’ function, allowing parents to partition off certain apps, without worrying about deleted emails or calling your boss.
There’s a disputed neutrality Wikipedia entry of several pages; including some of its mixed reviews. What can’t be disputed is the 21% leap in Nokia’s stock price in Finland to a seven-month high as of Nov. 22
Text review links
- IB Times - http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/408545/20121126/nokia-lumia-920-review.htm
- Calgary Herald - http://www.calgaryherald.com/technology/personal-tech/Nokia+Lumia+best+smartphone+2012/7650402/story.html
- Stuff - http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/gadgets/7990307/Preview-Nokia-Lumia-920
- Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_Lumia_920
- CNET Asia - http://asia.cnet.com/product/nokia-lumia-920-46728240.htm
User opinion and reviews
- GSM Arena - http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_920-reviews-4967.php
- The Verge - http://www.theverge.com/products/lumia-920/6082
- Tech Radar - http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/nokia-lumia-920-1094960/review
Video review links
- IB Times - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNnBR36m-bs
- Engadget - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWhRxgL9HE8
- Phone Arena - http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Nokia-Lumia-920_id7471/videos
- Mobile Tech Revew - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSEmvAjbJZI